I'm thinking of applying for a great job based both in Birmingham (university) and in Italy (fieldwork). It would be two years of researching the history and current evolution of the social movements who opposed Berlusconi. Now that's got a serious radical edge! And fieldwork in Rome? Yes please!
It ties in wonderfully with my current research as well. The only thing I'm worried about: will I like Birmingham? What kind of stuff will I fill my life with once there? At the moment my life is filled with a f*cking thesis, and that's about it. I don't really want to reiterate that mistake if I move away from Deville.
Monday, June 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rome good. Birmingham bad. That's the EC's take on it! :-)
Livvy xxx
I would say b'ham - not so bad. Used to like down there (although not as good as bonnie west scotland :)
Post a Comment