Sunday, October 30, 2005

Achtung! Cheesy self-help stuff.

The Love Letter Technique
(source: John Gray http://www.kidseq.com/articles/emotionsgray.php )


" The love letter technique is the ultimate way for sharing and expressing the complete truth for resolving emotional conflict both within yourself and in your relationships. It is not only a powerful tool fur emotional healing, but through practicing it, you will learn more about your own feelings and what it really means to tell the truth. In the past five years, thousands of people have attended my seminars and have successfully learned to practice the love letter technique. Graduates report that in a matter of minutes, they are able to resolve emotional conflicts that would otherwise have seemed impossible and been repressed.

The Love Letter Format
To write a love letter, begin by expressing your anger, resentment and blame and allow yourself to move through the other levels until you get down to the love. Each love letter has five parts - and the following lead-in phrases may help you if you become stuck at one level and need to move into the next.

1. ANGER AND BLAME
I don't like it when...
I resent...
I hate it when...
I'm fed up with...
I'm tired of...
I want...

2. HURT AND SADNESS
I feel sad when...
I feel hurt when...
I feel awful because...
I feel disappointed because...
I want...

3. FEAR AND INSECURITY
I feel afraid...
I'm afraid that...
I feel scared because...
I want...

4. GUILT AND RESPONSIBILITY
I'm sorry that...
I'm sorry for...
Please forgive me for...
I didn't mean to...
I wish..

5. LOVE, FORGIVENESS, UNDERSTANDING AND DESIRE
I love you because...
I love when...
Thank you for...
I understand that...
I forgive you for...
I want...

If you want to feel better, write a love Letter!!"



Ah, et ce qu'il ne dit pas c'est qu'il y a habituellement un "déclic" apres avoir passé en revue chacune des émotions sus-citées. C'est du au fait que l'emotion qu'on exprime n'est pas nécéssairement celle qu'on ressent vraiment. Et devoir passer par toutes les autres force a confronter nos vraies émotions, qui se barrent d'office une fois exprimée et appropriées (comme dan Quills: Love your inner Bitch).

Enough psycho-babble for now. But some of their concepts really are useful!!!

Danielle

No comments: